I confess to seeing this style of card on another blog, and thought it would be perfect for my biker friends wedding card. A card in white, pinks and ivory just would not of been suitable for them, they are far too 'alternative'.
Its an easel card with an acetate window. I did not have any inks that would stick so I ended up drawing the swirls by hand on the acetate with a dip pen in Alcohol ink, as I don't know how to apply bottled ink to a stamp. I think the result is a bit 'naff' but I knew of no alternative. As it was I waited until the 'nth hour, as I'd ordered some stayzon ink pads which never arrived in time.
I made the little cherub from polymer clay in a mould and painted it silvery black. Again I have embellished with studs round the edge. The 'congrats' stamp is the only one I have, not much choice there then! I used removable body tattoo's on the acetate...the barbed wire. I sprayed everywhere with shimmer.
With this card, this was my first use of fabric flowers (see previous post). I've used quite alot of silver stickers, which is something I do not normally do. The envelope was made from good old wallpaper and for a change I decorated the back of the envelope instead of the 'front'
If anyone can tell me how to glue items to inked paper can they tell me, because I had terrible trouble, I had to scrape off the ink down to the paper to get the embellishments to stick.
To be honest, I think I like the envelope better!